Terms and conditions
By typing your last name in the field provided at the end of your application or renewal, you explicitly declare that you have read, understood and accepted the "Terms and conditions" underneath and that you expressly release and hold harmless Teachers Travel Web from all responsibility or liability arising out of your membership, your contacts with other members or your participation as a member of any of the hospitality programmes (as a guest or a host), during as well
your membership period.
Teachers Travel Web vzw is a non-profit organisation and the legal entity under which the Teachers Travel Web-service is offered to its members, through the website teacherstravelweb.com.
Whenever “Teachers Travel Web” is mentioned, it encompasses the website teacherstravelweb.com and its registrants as well as Teachers Travel Web vzw. Teachers Travel Web is not a travel agency.
- Teachers Travel Web is a members-only
- A membership fee applies.
- Your membership fee is valid for 1 year, starting on the day on which Teachers Travel Web informs you that your login has been activated, giving you access to the restricted members' pages. Your
membership expires on the same date one year later.
- 18 years is the minimum age to become a member.
- As a prospective member, you must hold a job in teaching, training, education or counselling; or be a retired or former teacher, trainer, educator or counsellor.
- Teachers Travel Web extends its invitation to non-teaching staff members of educational institutions, to trainers employed in business organisations and teachers in hobby clubs.
- Teachers Travel Web reserves the right to accept members who are not education professionals.
- The membership fee covers the member and his or her partner. Other family members may accompany the member if the host agrees. No colleagues, other couples, or friends can use this free
accommodation service unless they register as members separately.
- Teachers Travel Web reserves the right to refuse any prospective member and to remove any member from the members' listing and de-activate their log in at any time, without prior notice and
without having to give any explanation.
- Teachers Travel Web can, at its own discretion, terminate anyone's membership if a member uses the website, the information on it, or contacts with other members for purposes that are deemed not to be in accordance with the spirit of the organisation.
Correctness of information
- In submitting your membership application, update or renewal form, you hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information you give.
-All the information in the members' listings is provided by the members themselves. Teachers Travel Web provides no warranties and does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
- Home hosting means:
° a maximum of three nights
° a maximum of two people (the member and his or her partner)
° a bed, use of a bathroom, and a simple breakfast
° during the day, guests leave before their hosts and come back after their hosts have returned home.
- Any other arrangements are possible, but can only be made in mutual agreement between host and guest.
- You will not charge any accommodation costs to your guests for their stay in your home. This does not include the cost related to use of your car, telephone, internet access, etc. if you let your guests use them.
Home exchange and house sitting
As a host
- You will leave your home clean and orderly for the arrival of your guests.
- You will not charge any costs to your guests for their stay in your home. This does not include the cost related to use of your car, telephone, internet access, etc. if you let your guests use them.
As a guest
- You will leave a home you have stayed in in the same state of cleanliness and orderliness as on your arrival.
- You will treat other members' possessions with the utmost care.
- You will compensate any damage you do to the possessions of other members.
- If another member allows you to use his or her PC or car, an appliance or machine, etc., you will not use them if you do not have the necessary qualifications and/or insurance.
- You will respect any specific agreements, requests or instructions by the owner or tenant of a home you stay in.
As a host or a guest
- You alone are responsible to take out insurance against any risks that you may incur as a home owner or tenant or as a guest in another member's home.
Participation in the hospitality programmes
- As a member, you are under no obligation to
accept a request from other members for home hosting, home exchange or house sitting.
- You will not hold Teachers Travel Web responsible if you do not succeed in arranging one or more home stays or exchanges yourself.
- In the course of your membership period, you are allowed to change your participation in one or more of the hospitality programmes.
Teachers Travel Web only provides a means of contact with other members, through the website teacherstravelweb.com. Your use of this service is at your sole risk.
- Teachers Travel Web does not make any warranty or accept any responsibility for the accommodation or other services provided by its members, nor for their conduct.
- Teachers Travel Web is not a party to, nor bears any responsibility for any agreement or contract entered into by members, subscribers or other users of information provided on this website.
- You will not hold Teachers Travel Web responsible for any kind of inconveniences, loss, damages (direct, indirect, consequential or other), bodily harm
or other consequences that may result from your membership or participation in any of the hospitality programmes.
- Teachers Travel Web will not reimburse or compensate you in any way if the services offered do not live up to your expectations or if you incur any negative consequences from your membership or your participation.
Commercial use of data
This site is a service of a for-fee private membership organisation, and all information contained herein is unconditionally private and not in the public domain.
- You will not use the information you find on Teachers Travel Web for commercial purposes.
- Your log in data to the members' area are strictly personal. You will not transfer them to someone else.
Teachers Travel Web is not responsible for any content (text, pictures, URLs, email addresses or other) submitted by members through the membership application, update or renewal forms.
- Teachers Travel Web is not responsible for any content linked or referred to from its website pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not Teachers Travel Web as the one who has linked to these pages.
Downloading information from this website is at your own risk. You alone are responsible for any loss of data or damage to your computer system.
Your access to the Members' area will be terminated and your profile removed from the listings if your payment is revoked by PayPal or by one of the financial or credit card institutions involved in the payment transaction of your membership fee.
- Your membership fee is not refundable, even if:
° you yourself terminate your membership prematurely
° you request that your data are removed from the database in the course of your membership period
° your experience with Teachers Travel Web or with one of its members does not live up to your expectations
° your membership is terminated prematurely by Teachers Travel Web (for any reason and without
having to give you prior notice or any explanation)
° Teachers Travel Web should cease its activities.
Disputes and juridical competence
- If a dispute arises between members, Teachers Travel Web cannot be called upon to mediate.
- If Teachers Travel Web is implicated in any legal action, only the relevant courts in Antwerp, Belgium who have to apply Belgian law on this dispute are competent.
- Teachers Travel Web can change these "Terms and conditions" at any time, without prior notice and without having to give any explanation. It is your responsibility as a member to check if any
changes have been made.