Privacy and security
By typing your last name in the field provided at the end of your application or renewal, you explicitly declare that you have read, understood and accepted the "Privacy and security" provisions underneath.
- Teachers Travel Web only gathers and stores personal information that is necessary for the service offered.
- We treat the
information that you provide with care.
- Contact between members is
initiated through email, directly between members. Use of the email
functionality provided in the listings ensures that the sender cannot see the
addressee's email address. The addressee will however see the sender's email
- Your on line membership application, update and renewal forms are secure and inaccessible to anyone but you. Your personal data go straight into the secure data base.
- Only your personal log in (username + password) gives you access to your data on the "Update your data" or "Membership renewal" pages. Other visitors to the website cannot access them.
- Your data are stored on a secure server in a professional data centre, safe from hackers and spammers (even though you may not always see your browser's symbol for a secure connection or the letter "s" for "secure" in the "https://" in the URL).
- Teachers Travel Web will never give, rent or sell any of your data to third parties.
- We will not use your data for
- If your membership expires and
you have not renewed it in time, your profile will be removed from the members'
listings on the expiry date. But we will keep your data in the secure database
and your login will still give you access to the page where you can renew your
- If you want us to remove all your data from the database, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Teachers Travel Web cannot take
responsibility if one of its members uses this website, the information on it
of other members' data for unwanted purposes.
- People applying for membership
must give some extra information (family name, home address, phone number, etc.) that we
store in the database but never show on the website.
- We apply a membership fee.
- Your on line payment is handled
through the secure website of PayPal, not through the Teachers Travel Web
- We give members the opportunity to publish pictures of themselves and their home.
- Members can provide links if they published something noteworthy about themselves on the internet (a
website, a blog, a social networking website like YouTube, MySpace, Flickr,
- Always check if an application
for a stay comes from an existing member.